Monday, March 2, 2009

We did it!

We made it through the month with out buy anything unnecessary! It can be done. You can go an entire month making dinner every night and not eating out, really, we did! We saved over $550.00 this month by only spending our food budget ($500.00)! Now I must confess, there were a few things that I HAD to buy that were not food items. Connor had one pair of sock and I figured it would cost more to wash them everyday than to go get some new ones, and Connor was not into the whole "make your own Valentine's", so we did have to make some "special" purchases, but I used our food money!
I am just so proud of us for sticking to the plan. There were times that John and I wanted to give up, but we helped each other during those times and pushed through. It's just a good thing we weren't both having a bad day on the same day!
Alright, for this month I am going to try couponing! I am a little nervous about this one and I have my friend walk me through the process, but I think I just need to do it to see if it will work for us. I tried price matching last month and that was pretty cool. So, it you have any great couponing ideas, I would love to hear them. Here is what I know so far.

*I am getting 4 paper (I guess the daily Herald is the cheapest and has a deal called "the savvy shopper" which gives you 5 papers at a really good price. I guess I messed up on that one already!)
*You go to pinchingyourpennies.com and see all the deals at all the different stores
*Walmart does price matching (you just tell them what you will pay for you stuff, nice!)
*There are things called Beer Rebates that are either back by the beer or at customer service. You don't have to buy beer to get them, just usually specific products. (Walmart does not have them)

That's all I can think of right now. Please post any other great deals and ideas on couponing or saving money!

1 comment:

  1. I love what you guys are doing! Great job!
    Explain to me about Walmart's price matching, I always shop at Walmart and am curious on how to save money there. XOXO!
    jana

    ReplyDelete